Thomas Hearns vs. Fred Hutchings
1984-09-15 : Thomas Hearns 154 lbs beat Fred Hutchings 153¾ lbs by TKO at 2:56 in round 3 of 15
- Location: Civic Center, Saginaw, Michigan, USA
- Referee: Arthur Mercante
- Judge: Dick Cole 20-17
- Judge: Eva Shain 20-15
- Judge: Tony Perez 20-15
- World Boxing Council Super Welterweight Title (3rd defense by Hearns)
- The fight was televised live on CBS.
- Hutchings was ranked third by the WBC.
- Hearns made about $400,000.
- Hearns dropped Hutchings twice in the first round.
- The referee stopped the fight as Hutchings was reeling helplessly from a barrage of punches late in the third round.