From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
| Total Punches
1992-03-20 : Thomas Hearns 174½ lbs lost to Iran Barkley 174 lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Hearns made $1.2 million and Barkley got $500,000.
- Hearns was a 2 to 1 favorite.
- The fight was shown on pay-per-view by TVKO.
- The fight took place before a crowd of 4,250 at the Caesars Palace Sports Pavilion.
- The two fighters fought at close quarters for most of the fight. Occasionally, Hearns would get some punching room, but Barkley would soon crowd him again. Hearns fought with his back to the ropes for much of the fight. In the fourth round, Barkley dropped Hearns with a left hook to the chin, but he got up quickly. At the end of the fight, both of Barkley's eyes were swollen and Hearns' nose was swollen to twice its normal size.
- After the fight, Hearns underwent surgery for bone chips in his right hand. He wore a cast for about seven months.