Thomas Hearns vs. James Kinchen
1988-11-04 : Thomas Hearns 165½ lbs beat James Kinchen 166 lbs by MD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Las Vegas Hilton, Hilton Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mills Lane
- Judge: Bill Graham 115-112
- Judge: Larry Rozadilla 114-114
- Judge: Cindy Bartin 114-112
- Unofficial AP scorecard: 114-112 Kinchen
- Unofficial UPI scorecard: 114-113 Kinchen
- Unofficial KO Magazine scorecard: 114-113 Hearns
- Unofficial Ring Magazine scorecard: 115-112 Hearns
- World Boxing Organization Super Middleweight Title (Vacant inaugural title)
- NABF Super Middleweight Title (1st defense of Kinchen)
- Hearns was originally scheduled to face Fulgencio Obelmejias for the WBA super middleweight title, but Obelmejias pulled out of the fight after injuring his ribs.
- Obelmejias was replaced by Kinchen, who outpointed Marvin Mack to win the NABF super middleweight title on October 13.
- On November 2, the newly formed WBO announced that they would sanction the fight for their inaugural super middleweight title.
- Hearns was a 7 to 2 favorite.
- There was a crowd of 7,523 at the Hilton.
- Hearns was knocked down in the fourth round. When he got up, he grabbed Kinchen and refused to let go when referee Mills Lane tried to break them. After the round ended, Lane deducted a point from Hearns for refusing to break.
Kinchen vs. Mack
| NABF Super Middleweight Title Fight
Lee vs. Williams