Thomas Hearns vs. Luigi Minchillo
1984-02-11 : Thomas Hearns 153¾ lbs beat Luigi Minchillo 153 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, Michigan, USA
- Referee: Waldemar Schmidt
- Judge: Abraham Chavarria 120-110
- Judge: Guy Jutras 118-109
- Judge: Cesar Ramon 120-109
- World Boxing Council Super Welterweight Title (1st defense by Hearns)
- This was Hearns' first defense of the title he won from Wilfred Benitez fourteen months earlier. He had fought just once since winning the title (outpointing Murray Sutherland in a non-title fight in July 1983) because of his oft-injured right hand.
- The fight took place before a crowd of 18,453.
- Hearns suffered a slight cut above his right eye in the second round.
- Minchillo was cut above his right eye in the seventh round, and both eyes were nearly swollen shut at the end of the fight.
- There were no knockdowns in the fight.