Thomas Hearns vs. Luis Primera
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
1980-12-06 : Thomas Hearns 146½ lbs beat Luis Primera 146¾ lbs by KO at 2:00 in round 6 of 15
- Location: Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, Michigan, USA
- Referee: Ismael W. Fernandez 50-45
- Judge: Fernando Viso 50-43
- Judge: Albert Tremari 49-44
- World Boxing Association World Welterweight Title (1st defense by Hearns)
- Promoter: Harold Smith - Muhammed Ali Professional Sports, Inc. (MAPS)
- Ring Announcer: Jimmy Lennon Sr.
- There was a crowd of 9,250 at Joe Louis Arena.
- Primera was down once in the 2nd, once in the 5th, and once again for the count in the 6th.
- Primera went to the hospital after the fight to have his ribs examined.