Thomas Hearns vs. Mark Medal
1986-06-23 : Thomas Hearns 154 lbs beat Mark Medal 154 lbs by TKO at 2:20 in round 8 of 12
- Location: Caesars Palace, Outdoor Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Davey Pearl
- Judge: Patricia Morse Jarman 69-63
- Judge: Arsenio Garcia 70-62
- Judge: Dick Cole 70-62
- World Boxing Council Super Welterweight Title (4th defense by Hearns)
- The fight was shown on closed circuit television as part of a triple-header, which included Barry McGuigan vs. Steve Cruz and Roberto Duran vs. Robbie Sims.
- Hearns was an 11 to 1 favorite.
- Hearns made $900,000 and Medal got $75,000.
- There was a crowd of 10,200.
- Hearns sent Medal to one knee with a right-left combination in the first round. It was the only knockdown of the fight. Hearns shook Medal several more times in the succeeding rounds and displayed a vicious body attack. In the eighth round, referee Davey Pearl stopped the action so the ringside doctor could examine Medal, whose left eye was swollen shut. The doctor took a good look at Medal and instructed the referee to stop the fight.
- This was Hearns' last fight at 154 lbs. Several months after the fight, Hearns vacated the WBC super welterweight title.