Thomas Hearns vs. Randy Shields
1981-04-25 : Thomas Hearns 146 lbs beat Randy Shields 146½ lbs by TKO at 3:00 in round 12 of 15
- Location: Veteran's Memorial Coliseum, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
- Referee: Robert Ferrara
- Judge: Mike Munoz 119-110
- Judge: Joe Garcia 119-111
- Judge: Robert Ferrara 120-109
- World Boxing Association World Welterweight Title (2nd defense by Hearns)
- Promoter: Bob Arum (Top Rank)
- Aired On: ABC Wide World of Sports (Main Event)
- There was a crowd of about 8,500.
- The fight was rough all the way and sometimes dirty. Both fighters were warned frequently by the referee.
- Hearns cut Shields above the right eye in the eighth round and above the left eye in the ninth. By the end of the twelfth, the challenger couldn't see and the fight was stopped. Shields was game, but outclassed.
- There were no knockdowns in the fight.