Thomas Hearns vs. Uriah Grant
2000-04-08 : Thomas Hearns 191 lbs lost to Uriah Grant 188 lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 2 of 12
- Location: Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, Michigan, USA
- Referee: Dale Grable
- Crawford Ashley was originally scheduled to Hearns' opponent, but Ashley pulled out of the fight after he tore a rotator cuff.
- Billed as "Goodbye to a Legend," it was announced that this would be Hearns' last fight.
- Hearns, at 191 lbs, was fighting at the heaviest weight of his career.
- Late in the second round, Hearns sprained his right ankle and was unable to answer the bell for the third round.
- "I don't want to go out this way," Hearns said. "But if I have to, I can live with it. You have to take the bitter with the sweet."
- Hearns did not fight again for 5 years. He made a comeback in 2005, won two fights by knockout, then retired for good.