Tim Witherspoon vs. Greg Page (1st meeting)
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
1984-03-09 : Tim Witherspoon 220¼ lbs beat Greg Page 239½ lbs by MD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Convention Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mills Lane
- Judge: Lou Tabat 117-111
- Judge: Jerry Roth 117-111
- Judge: Chuck Minker 114-114
- World Boxing Council Heavyweight Title (Vacant title)
- The title was declared vacant after champion Larry Holmes refused promoter Don King's offer to make a mandatory defense against Page for $2.55 million.
- The Associated Press scored the fight 116-112 for Witherspoon.