Tomasz Adamek vs. Steve Cunningham (2nd meeting)
2012-12-22 : Tomasz Adamek 223 lbs beat Steve Cunningham 203 lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Sands Casino Resort, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
- Referee: Gary Rosato
- Judge: Debra Barnes 115-113
- Judge: Tom Miller 113-115
- Judge: Dave Greer 116-112
- IBF North American Heavyweight Title (2nd defense of Adamek)
- Rematch of a 2008 bout for the IBF cruiserweight title.
- The decision was controversial, as many observors thought that Cunningham should have won.
- Former judge Harold Lederman scored the bout 115-113 for Tomasz Adamek.
- B.J. Flores scored the bout 115-113 for Steve Cunningham, Bryant Jennings scored 117-113 for Cunningham too.
Part of a four-man elimination tournament by the IBF. Adamek and Cunningham fought for the #2-spot of the IBF rankings, while Kubrat Pulev and Alexander Ustinov battled for the #1-spot. However the fight between the winners Pulev and Adamek fell through as Adamek declined an offer to fight Pulev due to financial issues. Adamek stated, that he has been offered an opportunity to fight in Poland for far more money than he would get for fighting Kubrat Pulev. Adamek later carried on to fight Tony Grano - who was later replaced by Dominick Guinn - on the undercard of Curtis Stevens vs. Saul Roman.