Tony Thompson vs. Maurice Harris
2011-05-27 : Tony Thompson 255½ lbs beat Maurice Harris 244 lbs by TKO at 1:51 in round 3 of 12
- Location: Reno Events Center, Reno, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Vic Drakulich
- Judge: Herb Santos 20-17
- Judge: Burt A. Clements 20-17
- Judge: Richard Ocasio 20-17
Promoter: Goossen Tutor
IBF Heavyweight Title Eliminator for #2 Spot
- Tony Thompson 35-2 (23 KOs) vs. Maurice Harris 24-14-2 (10 KOs)
- Harris previously beat Thompson in the Final of the Thunderbox Heavyweight Tournament in 2002.
- Harris, a 5/1 betting underdog , entered with a record of 4-0 since his return from an over two-year break from the sport.
- Harris entered ranked as the # 6 heavyweight contender by the IBF. Thompson was ranked # 7 by the same organization. 
- Fight was an IBF Heavyweight Title Eliminator for #2 Spot
- At 255.5 lbs., Thompson weighed in at his heaviest since June of 2004.
- Fight was on the undercard of Chris Arreola vs. Kendrick Releford.
The opening round saw Thompson lead the action with slow but moderately powerful shots. In Round 2, Thompson began to pour it on against a lethargic Harris, who was clearly faster than his opponent but simply was not throwing. A right hand to the temple sent Harris down at 2 minutes into Round 2. He made it to his feet and action continued. Harris's lack of output continued into Round 3 and a lumbering left-right combination again sent him to the mat. He again got up and was allowed to continue. Later in the round, with Harris being almost wholly defensive and appearing to have no interest in competing, the referee waved an end to the bout.
- "If this is the heavyweight division in America, we need help." - Bernard Hopkins following the fight