From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Name: Tyrone Brunson
Alias: Young Gun
Nationality: US American
Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Height: 5′ 9″ / 175cm
Reach: 75″ / 191cm
Boxing Record: click
Trainer: James Walker
- As an amateur Tyrone Brunson won the youth tournament Silver Gloves and the Pennsylvania State Golden Gloves but didn't win a national senior tournament.
- The Web sites "Fightnews" and "Sportsfreak" claim his amateur record was 82-12.
- 19 consecutive first-round knockouts. Brunson broke the world record for consecutive first-round knockouts by Edwin Valero of Venezuela.
- Of Brunson's 19 bout first round knockout winning streak, only one fighter in that streak had a winning record at the time, James Morrow, whose padded record was built on fighters with losing records as well. After losing to Brunson, Morrow got knocked out 12 times.
- Brunson used to be promoted Lion Heart Boxing Productions, a US promotional company started by New Orleans, Louisiana Tax Attorney Edward B. Mendy. On July 9, 2007, he signed with Don King.
- In late 2007, Brunson filed for bankruptcy.
- In December 2009, got decked in the third round by future NABA light middleweight champion Carson Jones. Jones then attacked the confused Brunson on the ropes, unable to make a style correction, hitting him at will on the ropes until the referee stopped the bout. Jones discovered Brunson's critical weakness-dropping his left hand low after throwing a left jab-and capitalized on the flaw to expose Brunson as a limited fighter.