Name: Tyrone Brunson
Alias: Young Gun
Born: 1985-01-29 (Age:30)
Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Height: 5′ 9½″ / 177cm
Reach: 76½″ / 194cm
Boxing Record: click
Trainer: James Walker
- As an amateur, Tyrone Brunson won the Pennsylvania Youth Silver Gloves, and the Pennsylvania State Golden Gloves, but did not win a national tournament.
- The Web sites "Fightnews" and "Sportsfreak" state his amateur record was 82-12.
- 19 consecutive first-round knockouts. Brunson broke the world record for consecutive first-round knockouts by Edwin Valero of Venezuela.
- Of Brunson's 19 bout first round knockout winning streak, only one fighter in that streak had a winning record at the time, James Morrow, whose padded record was built on fighters with losing records as well. After losing to Brunson, Morrow got knocked out 12 times.
- Brunson used to be promoted Lion Heart Boxing Productions, a US promotional company started by New Orleans, Louisiana Tax Attorney Edward B. Mendy. On July 9, 2007, he signed with Don King.
- In late 2007, Brunson filed for bankruptcy.
- In December 2009, got decked in the third round by future NABA light middleweight champion Carson Jones. Jones then attacked the confused Brunson on the ropes, unable to make a style correction, hitting him at will on the ropes until the referee stopped the bout. Jones discovered Brunson's critical weakness-dropping his left hand low after throwing a left jab-and capitalized on the flaw to expose Brunson as a limited fighter.
- Between 2009 and 2015, Brunson attempted and failed in five comeback attempts, losing to five solid winning fighters with a combined 93 wins, getting stopped three times, also losing an eight round decision and a ten round decision.