USA: Minnesota Laws
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
History of Minnesota Boxing Legislation, Rules & Regulations
(Enter material chronologically)
- April 1892-September 1915: Boxing is illegal in the state, although the law is not strictly enforced.
- 1915-April: A bill passes legalizing boxing in three cities.
- 1917-01-31: Two years after boxing was allowed, advocates consider its repeal. Tacoma Times 
- 1922-05-19: State boxing commission announces that ten-round bouts will be permitted in the state. Seattle Daily Times (Seattle, WA, USA) wire report. (Newspaper decisions prevailed in Minnesota until 1932.)
- 1923-01-17: The United States War Department authorizes decision boxing at Fort Snelling, St. Paul, MN (per newspaper wire reports)
- 2001: State boxing commission is discontinued. Bouts held in the state are administered by outside commissions.
- 2006: State boxing commission is reinstated. Scott LeDoux is appointed head of the commission.