Virgil Hill vs. Thomas Hearns
1991-06-03 : Virgil Hill 173 lbs lost to Thomas Hearns 174 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mills Lane
- Judge: Chuck Giampa 112-116
- Judge: Jerry Roth 113-115
- Judge: Art Lurie 113-115
- Unofficial Detroit Free Press Scorecard: 117-112 Hearns
- World Boxing Association World Light Heavyweight Title (11th defense by Hill)
- Program Cover
- Hill was a 2½ to 1 favorite.
- Hearns earned $4.25 million and Hill got $1.5 million.
- The fight was shown live on pay-per-view and closed circuit television.
- There was a crowd of more than 14,000.
- Hearns and his long-time manager and trainer, Emanuel Steward, parted ways because Steward thought Hearns should retire. Alex Sherer, a former assistant trainer at the Kronk Gym, trained Hearns for the fight against Hill.