Vitali Klitschko vs. Odlanier Solis
2011-03-19 : Vitali Klitschko 247¼ lbs beat Odlanier Solis 246¾ lbs by KO at 2:59 in round 1 of 12
- Location: Lanxess-Arena, Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
- Referee: Jose Guadalupe Garcia
- Judge: Oren Shellenberger
- Judge: Massimo Barrovecchio
- Judge: Ken Morita
- Aired On: RTL (Germany), Epix (United States)
- World Boxing Council Heavyweight Title (6th defense by Klitschko)
- Fight Poster
- Vitali Klitschko 41-2 (38 KOs) vs. Odlanier Solis 17-0 (12 KOs)
- Klitschko entered as The Ring Magazine # 1 heavyweight contender and Solis was the #10 contender.
- Solis was ranked #1 by the WBC.
- Solis was a 4 to 1 betting underdog.
- Klitschko reportedly earned $15 million and Solis received $1.8 million. 
- ESPN.com's Dan Rafael reported: The fight began nicely enough with Klitschko using his big jab and size advantage while Solis, with his quick hands, landed a sneaky right hand that got Klitschko's attention. But just as a competitive first round was coming to a close, Klitschko landed a decent right hand to the head. Solis did not appear hurt from the punch, but he stepped back and lost his footing. He went down, and it was quickly clear that Solis was in trouble -- but not because of his head. He had a problem with his right knee and was unsteady as he struggled to get to his feet by pulling himself up as he grabbed on to the ropes. As Solis struggled to move on the bad knee, referee Guadalupe Garcia called off the fight as the opening round was coming to a close. 
- A scan revealed tears to Solis' anterior cruciate ligament and external meniscus, as well as cartilage damage in his right knee. 
- German media reported that Solis and his team admitted they knew there was a problem with the right knee before the fight but went through with the bout anyway. The Solis camp denied any admission of knowledge of a pre-fight injury and claimed the media reports in Germany falsely quoted a Solis spokesman.
V. Klitschko vs. Briggs
| WBC Heavyweight Title Fight
V. Klitschko vs. Adamek