Vitali Klitschko vs. Samuel Peter
2008-10-11 : Samuel Peter 253½ lbs lost to Vitali Klitschko 247 lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 8 of 12
- Location: O2 World Arena, Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany
- Referee: Massimo Barrovecchio
- Judge: John Keane 72-80
- Judge: Ken Morita 72-80
- Judge: Anek Hongtongkam 73-79
- World Boxing Council Heavyweight Title (1st defense of Peter)
- Time: 3:00
- Weights: Klitschko 247 lbs, Peter 253.5 lbs
- Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Aired on: Showtime, RTL Television
- Open scoring after 4th round: all judges favoured Klitschko by scores of 40-36.
- Peter did not come out for round 9.
- Klitschko trained for this bout sparring with Florida heavyweight Sherman 'The Caribbean Tank' Williams, who at 5'11" 260ish pounds was close in size and style to Samuel Peter's 6'0" 253 pounds.
- Klitschko stood in the center of the ring with his hands down the entire bout using reach advantage to fire right-left jabs on Peter, who stood flat-footed in front of Klitschko the entire fight like a sparring partner, took a one-sided beating and never changed his game plan.
- Klitschko-Peter was televised internationally from O2 World Arena in Berlin on Showtime, in some regions on a tape delay preceding Showtime's airing of the Tarver-Dawson IBF Light Heavyweight title bout.
- Fight commentator Steve Albert noted "Peter took a monstrous amount of punishment from Vitali Klitschko, who fought a brilliant fight."
- Fight commentator Al Bernstein noted " A memorable feat, Vitali Klitschko coming back after nearly four years to regain the title."
- Fight promoter Dino Duva stated "Sam's corner stopped it, Sam's a warrior, it just wasn't his night. We believe in the mercy of a fighter. He'll be back."
Maskaev vs. Peter
| WBC Heavyweight Title Fight
V. Klitschko vs. Gomez