Walid Smichet vs. Matt O'Brien
2007-03-19 : Walid Smichet 159½ lbs beat Matt O'Brien 158½ lbs by KO at 2:37 in round 10 of 10
- Location: Montreal Casino, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Marlon Wright
- Judge: Richard DeCarufel 83-88
- Judge: Claude Paquette 83-88
- Judge: Benoit Roussel 83-88
- Canadian Middleweight Title (Interim title)
- Time: 2:37
- Weights: Smichet 158.5 lbs, O'Brien 159.5 lbs
- O'Brien smartly boxed Smichet from the outside and appeared on his way to a comfortable points victory heading into the last round.
- With less than 30 seconds left in the fight, O'Brien was knocked out by a perfect right hand from Smichet.
- Smichet would become the regular champion when Bryon Mackie failed to defend his belt against him.
Sharpe vs. Mackie I
| Canadian Middleweight Title Fight
Demers vs. Smichet