Wilfred Benitez vs. Roberto Duran
1982-01-30 : Roberto Duran 152½ lbs lost to Wilfred Benitez 152¼ lbs by UD in round 15 of 15
- Location: Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Richard Greene
- Judge: Hal Miller 142-143
- Judge: Lou Tabat 141-145
- Judge: Dave Moretti 141-144
- Unofficial AP scorecard: 147-138 Benitez
- Unofficial UPI scorecard: 148-139 Benitez
- World Boxing Council Super Welterweight Title (2nd defense by Benitez)
- The fighters had a combined record of 117-3-1 coming into the fight.
- Benitez got $1.4 million and Duran received $500,000.
- Benitez was a 9 to 5 favorite.
- The fight took place at the 4,500-seat Caesars Palace Sports Pavilion.
- The fight was televised live by HBO.