The Wilmington Bowl was a boxing venue in the Los Angeles suburb of Wilmington, located at the intersection of Anaheim and Alameda Boulevards. Doc Moffett was its matchmaker from 1924 to late 1929. The original arena had a capacity of a little over 4,000. There were weekly shows on Wednesdays. But a fire destroyed the original arena in late 1929. A new brick arena was opened in 1930, but Moffett wasn't the matchmaker at the time. The capacity of this arena was 3,300.
The Wilmington Bowl would be a boxing venue for two more decades after the second arena was opened. But it appears that the heyday of the Wilmington Bowl was when shows were staged in the first arena.
- "Fuentes Choice Tonight in Bout at Wilmington", Los Angeles Times, April 16, 1954 (gives capacity and address)