Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Adailton De Jesus
2007-10-30 : Yuriorkis Gamboa 129½ lbs beat Adailton De Jesus 128½ lbs by TKO at 0:35 in round 6 of 6
- Location: Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Hollywood, Florida, USA
- Referee: Frank Santore Jr
- Judge: Alex Levin
- Judge: Peter Trematerra
- Judge: Rocky Young
- De Jesus came in having lost his last two bouts by decision. (Roinet Caballero 8/16, Marcos Ramirez 5/30)
- Fight was the United States debut for Yuriorkis Gamboa and was on the undercard of Edison Miranda vs. Henry Porras.
- A lead right hand, by Gamboa, thrown from his waist put De Jesus down at 2:01 of Round 1. He got to his feet at the count of eight.
- De Jesus warned in Round 2 for a low blow.
- Gamboa received a firm warning in the 4th Round for pushing off and using his shoulder in a clinch. It was such that referee Frank Santore Jr. , twice pushed Gamboa in the chest asking, "Do you understand?, Do you understand?"
- Gamboa went down at 1:07 of Round 4 from what did not appear to be the result of a punch. As the television announcers added, "It appeared to be a push to me." and after viewing the slow-motion replay, one added "That was not a knockdown." Nonetheless, it was ruled to be a knockdown and was the first time in Gamboa's career that he'd been ruled down.
- At 0:35 of Round 6, Referee Frank Santore Jr. stepped in and waved an end to the bout with De Jesus backed into a corner. As the announcers alluded, it may have been a bit of an early stoppage as De Jesus didn't appear to be hurt and was intermittently punching back.