Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Orlando Salido
2010-09-11 : Yuriorkis Gamboa 126 lbs beat Orlando Salido 126 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Palms Casino Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Joe Cortez
- Judge: Richard Houck 116-109
- Judge: Robert Hoyle 114-109
- Judge: Paul Smith 115-109
- Fight was to unify the WBA and IBF Featherweight titles.
- IBF title at stake only for Gamboa as Salido was stripped of it prior to the fight due to weighing more than ten pounds over the weight limit at a second weigh-in on the morning of the event.
- Gamboa controlled much of the early rounds.
- Gamboa down in round 8.
- Gamboa knocked Salido down in the 12th round, but was docked 2 points for hitting Salido while he was on the canvas.
- Gamboa became the first Cuban boxer to hold an IBF world title since the organizations inception.