Zab Judah vs. Jose Armando Santa Cruz
2010-07-16 : Zab Judah 141 lbs beat Jose Armando Santa Cruz 143 lbs by TKO at 2:33 in round 3 of 10
- Location: Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey, USA
- Referee: Benjy Esteves Jr.
- Judge: Ron McNair
- Judge: John McKaie
- Judge: Waleska Roldan
- Promoters: Kathy Duva (Main Events), Zab Judah (Super Judah Promotions)
- Aired On: ESPN Friday Night Fights (Main Event)
- Zab Judah 38-6 (26 KOS) vs. Jose Armando Santa Cruz 28-4 (17 KOs)
- For Judah, 141 pounds was his lowest fighting weight since 2003. It too was just his second bout in a year and a half.
In the main event of a seven fight card at the Prudential Center in Newark co-promoted by Kathy Duva's Main Events and Super Judah Productions, Judah returned to light welterweight and demonstrated greater effectiveness and power in the lower weight class. The bout was brief. Santa Cruz came forward and tried to fight inside, but was not able to use his height and reach advantage to score. Judah worked with jabs to win the first two rounds, while moving right slipping punches. Santa Cruz looked for openings, missing short punches and getting tied up by Zab. Then end came in round three. Santa Cruz had landed a few weak combinations with no power. Judah dropped Santa Cruz with a left uppercut. Santa Cruz beat the count. Judah moved in and finished him with a left-right left-right to the head combination at 2:33 of the third.