Zsolt Erdei vs. Yuri Barashian
2009-01-10 : Zsolt Erdei 173 lbs beat Yuriy Barashian 177 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Bordelandhalle, Magdeburg, Sachsen-Anhalt, Germany
- Referee: Roberto Ramirez Sr.
- Judge: Jose Hiram Rivera 116-111
- Judge: Andre Van Grootenbruel 117-110
- Judge: Eugenia Williams 116-111
- World Boxing Organization Light Heavyweight Title (Erdei's 11th defense)
- Promoter: Universum Box-Promotion
- Aired on: RTL Klub & ZDF
- Title on the line for Erdei only as Barashian came in overweight
- Barashian deducted a point for low blow in the ninth round.
- Erdei successfully defended his title at the scale by reason of WBO rules.
WBO rules: If a World Champion fails to make the prescribed weight for his category and the challenger makes weight, the Champion shall lose the title at the scales, and the Championship shall then and there be declared vacant. The Championship may not, however, be won at the scales. The fight shall be carried out as planned, and if the challenger, having made the weight, wins the contest, the challenger shall be the successor of the Championship; but if the prior Champion whose Championship was vacated at the scales wins the contest, the championship shall remain vacant.
If the Champion makes the weight and the challenger fails to do so, the Champion, whether or not he loses the fight, shall retain the title.