Adrian Diaconu vs. Chris Henry
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Revision as of 01:29, 15 July 2008 by Reenthelawman
2008-04-19 : Adrian Diaconu 174¼ lbs beat Chris Henry 173¾ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Sala Polivalenta, Bucharest, Romania
- Referee: Michael Griffin
- Judge: Mark Green 116-113
- Judge: Viktor Panin 115-113
- Judge: Oren Shellenberger 115-113
- World Boxing Council Light Heavyweight Title (Interim title)
- Weights: Diaconu 174.3 lbs, Henry 173.7 lbs
- Attendance: 6,100
- Open scoring was used for this fight, as is optional pursuant to WBC rules.
- After four rounds, scores were 40-36, 39-37, 39-37, all in favour of Diaconu.
- After roud eight, the scores were 78-74, 77-75 78-74, all in favour of Diaconu.
- Diaconu controlled the first half of the fight, but Henry came on strong in the last four rounds to make a very good fight.
- Henry was wobbled at the end of round eight, but showed a great chin and heart to stay on his feet.
- Chad Dawson had agreed to next fight the winner of this contest. When he refused to do so in July 2008, the WBC stripped him of his title and Diaconu took full distinction as WBC champion.