Name: Adrien Broner
Alias: The Problem
Birth Name: Adrien Jerome Broner
Born: 1989-07-28 (Age:25)
Birthplace: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Nationality: US American
Hometown: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Height: 5′ 6½″ / 169cm
Reach: 69½″ / 177cm
Boxing Record: click
Trainer: Mike Stafford
Manager: Al Haymon
Promoter: Golden Boy Promotions
- More than 300 fights
- 2002 and 2003 National Silver Gloves Champion
- 2005 National Junior Olympics semifinalist
- May 8, 2009 - Appeared on ESPN Friday Night Fights and scored a majority decision over Fernando Quintero.
- June 18, 2011 - Appeared on HBO on the undercard of Saul Alvarez vs. Ryan Rhodes and scored a 1st Round KO victory over Jason Litzau 28-2 to win the USNBC Super Featherweight Title.
- November 26, 2011 - Defeated Martin Vicente Rodriguez by a 3rd Round KO to win the WBO Super Featherweight Title.
- February 25, 2012 - Appeared on HBO Boxing After Dark and dominated Eloy Perez en route to a 4th Round KO win to defend his WBO Super Featherweight Title.
- July 20, 2012 - Weighed in at 3 1/2 pounds over the 130-pound limit for his fight with Vicente Escobedo and was subsequently stripped of his super featherweight title. After failing to make weight, Broner said, "I'm young. I'm 22. I'm still growing. I just feel like it's time for me to go up. After this fight, there really wouldn't be a reason for me to stay. I'm just going to go up and give the lightweights hell."
- November 17, 2012 - Appeared in the main event on HBO World Championship Boxing and scored an 8th Round TKO victory over Antonio DeMarco to claim DeMarco's World Boxing Council Lightweight Title.
- Broner began boxing at the age of nine and came up in the same gym as 2000 United States Olympians Ricardo Williams Jr. and Dante Craig.
- He has a twin brother named Andre.
- Broner fights very much in the style of his favorite fighter Floyd Mayweather Jr., with extreme confidence and flair. He utilizes a Philly shell defense, stands tall in front of his opponents, slips punches and blocks with his shoulders.
- He is primarily a quick counter-puncher, studies his opponents early and looks for openings to make his opponents pay with power shots.
- Broner was featured on the cover of the November 2012 issue of The Ring magazine.
Minor Titles Held
- WBC USNBC Super Featherweight Title (2011)
- WBO Intercontinental Super Featherweight Title (2011)
- WBC USNBC Lightweight Title (2011)
- WBC Youth Intercontinental Super Featherweight Title (2010)
| WBO Super Featherweight Champion
2011 Nov 26 – 2012 Jul 20
Stripped (failed to make weight)
| WBC Lightweight Champion
2012 Nov 17 – present