Adrien Broner vs. Eloy Perez
2012-02-25 : Adrien Broner 130 lbs beat Eloy Perez 130 lbs by TKO at 2:24 in round 4 of 12
- Location: Scottrade Center, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
- Referee: Genaro Rodriguez
- Judge: Michael Pernick
- Judge: Ted Gimza
- Judge: Jerry Griffin
- Ring Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Aired On: HBO Boxing After Dark
- WBO Super Featherweight Title (1st defense by Broner)
- Adrien Broner 22-0 (18 KOs) vs. Eloy Perez 23-0-2 (7 KOs)
- Broner entered as the # 5 junior lightweight in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Perez, a 4.25/1 betting underdog, was ranked # 9 by the same publication. 
- The bout was on the undercard of Devon Alexander vs. Marcos Maidana.
- On March 14th, it was announced Perez failed his post-fight drug test after testing positive for cocaine. He was subsequently released by his promotional company and trainers Max Garcia, Sam Garcia, and Dean Familton. 
Broner dominated his opponent throughout. He stood in front of Perez, slipped the majority of his attack and stuck him with counter shots. In Round 4, a straight right hand followed by a right hand behind the ear put Perez down face first on the mat. He attempted to get to his feet but stumbled across the ring. At that, the referee waved an end to the bout.