Difference between revisions of "Adrien Broner vs. Jason Litzau"
Revision as of 02:48, 19 June 2011
2011-06-18 : Adrien Broner 128½ lbs beat Jason Litzau 129¾ lbs by TKO at 2:58 in round 1 of 10
- Location: Arena VFG, Tlajomulco de Zúñiga, Jalisco, Mexico
- Referee: Curtis Thrasher
- Judge: Ed Kugler
- Judge: David Sutherland
- Judge: Chris Tellez
- Aired On: HBO Boxing After Dark
- Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
- WBC USNBC Super Featherweight Title (vacant)
- Adrien Broner 20-0 (16 KOs) vs. Jason Litzau 28-2 (21 KOs)
- Litzau, a 2.5/1 betting underdog , entered as the #9 junior lightweight in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Broner, despite being the favorite, was unranked by the same publication. 
- Fight was on the undercard of Saul Alvarez vs. Ryan Rhodes for the WBC Light Middleweight Title.
The first half of the opening round saw both fighters very tentative throwing very little. A straight right hand slipped through Litzau's guard and caught him flush on the chin. Broner came forward and threw a barrage that knocked out Litzau's mouthpiece, sent him down and halfway out of the ring. At that the referee immediately waved an end to the bout.