Adrien Broner vs. Vicente Escobedo
Revision as of 13:47, 20 July 2012 by Sweetscientist
2012-07-21 : Adrien Broner 133½ lbs beat Vicente Escobedo 130 lbs by TKO at 2:45 in round 5 of 12
- Location: U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
- Referee: Gary Rosato
- Judge: Robert Hecko
- Judge: Gary Merritt
- Judge: Tom Miller
- Aired On: HBO World Championship Boxing (Main Event)
- World Boxing Organization Super Featherweight Title (Only at stake for Escobedo)
- Adrien Broner 23-0 (19 KOs) vs. Vicente Escobedo 26-3 (15 KOs)
- Broner entered as the # 3 junior lightweight contender according to The Ring Magazine. Escobedo, a 9.5 to 1 betting underdog, was unranked by the same publication.
- Broner weighed in at three and a half pounds over the 130-pound limit and was subsequently stripped of the WBO Super Featherweight Title.
- "I'm young. I'm 22. I'm still growing. I just feel like it's time for me to go up. After this fight, there really wouldn't be a reason for me to stay. I'm just going to go up and give the lightweights hell." - Adrien Broner after failing to make weight.
- Rafael, Dan. "Adrien Broner stripped of title" (2012, July 20) ESPN.com Article