Difference between revisions of "Adrien Broner vs. Vicente Martin Rodriguez"
|(2 intermediate revisions by one other user not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Notes ==
== Notes ==
*Rodriguez down in the
down in the .
Revision as of 15:05, 26 February 2012
2011-11-26 : Adrien Broner 128½ lbs beat Vicente Martin Rodriguez 128½ lbs by KO at 1:43 in round 3 of 12
- Location: U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
- Referee: Frank Garza
- Judge: Tom Miller
- Judge: David Iacobucci
- Judge: Robert Hecko
- Ring Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Aired On: HBO Boxing After Dark (Main Event)
- World Boxing Organization Super Featherweight Title (vacant)
- Adrien Broner 21-0 (17 KOs) vs. Martin Rodriguez 34-2-1 (18 KOs)
- It was the United States debut for Martin Rodriguez and only the second time he had fought outside his native Argentina. The other was a unanimous decision loss to William Kickett in Australia.
A counter left hook appeared to hurt Rodriguez in the opening minute of the fight. Rodriguez came out much more aggressive in Round 2 and looked to keep the pressure on Broner by coming forward and throwing. Broner was warned in Round two for holding down Rodriguez's head. Rodriguez pinned Broner in the corner early in Round 3 and threw wildly as Broner blocked and dodged most. A counter right uppercut at 1:20 bloodied the nose of Rodriguez and sent him backward into the ropes. A barrage highlighted by a left hand to the body and a left to jaw put Rodriguez down on his backside against the ropes. He made no attempt to get to his feet at the referee reached the count of ten.