Amir Khan vs. Lamont Peterson
Revision as of 21:29, 10 December 2011 by James galaxy
2011-12-10 : Amir Khan 139 lbs lost to Lamont Peterson 140 lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Convention Center, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
- Referee: Joseph Cooper
- Judge: Nelson Vazquez 115-110
- Judge: George Hill 112-113
- Judge: Valerie Dorsett 112-113
Lamont Peterson Versus Amir Khan
- Khan took the early points lead when he knocked down Peterson on the ropes with a left hook in the first round for a 10-8 round
- Khan incurred point deductions in rounds seven and twelve for excessive pushing, costing him the fight
- Without the point deduction in the twelfth and final round, Khan would have won a unanimous decision 115-111, 113-112, 113-112
- Peterson wins Khan's WBA and IBF Light Welterweight titles, earning a possible lucrative chance in mid-2012 against Floyd Mayweather
- Khan appeared to win rounds 1, 2, 5, 6, and 9, Peterson appeared to win rounds 3, 7 (10-8), and the all important 11th and 12th (10-8) rounds. Rounds 4 and 10 appeared close.
Khan taken a point for pushing at the very end of 7th round.