Andre Ward vs. Chad Dawson
Revision as of 21:07, 6 September 2012 by Sweetscientist
2012-09-08 : Andre Ward 168 lbs beat Chad Dawson 168 lbs by TKO at 2:45 in round 10 of 12
- Location: Oracle Arena, Oakland, California, USA
- Referee: Steve Smoger
- Judge: Julie Lederman
- Judge: David Mendoza
- Judge: Marshall Walker
- Aired On: HBO World Championship Boxing (Main Event)
- World Boxing Association Super World Super Middleweight Title (5th defense by Ward)
- World Boxing Council Super Middleweight Title (1st defense by Ward)
- Andre Ward 25-0 (13 KOs) vs. Chad Dawson 31-1 (17 KOs)
- Ward entered as the world super middleweight champion and fifth ranked fighter pound-for-pound according to The Ring Magazine. Dawson, a 2.8-to-1 betting underdog, entered as the world light heavyweight champion and tenth fighter pound-for-pound by the same publication.
- Dawson, who entered as the WBC Light Heavyweight Champion, was fighting at 168 pounds for the first time in over six years.
- Along with a slight advantage in height, Dawson also held a five-and-a-half-inch reach advantage.