Antonio Tarver vs. Glen Johnson (1st meeting)
Revision as of 01:46, 31 October 2012 by Michael
2004-12-18 : Antonio Tarver 175 lbs lost to Glen Johnson 174¾ lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Staples Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Referee: Pat Russell
- Judge: Marty Denkin 116-112
- Judge: Chuck Giampa 113-115
- Judge: Melvina Lathan 113-115
- Tarver was stripped of the WBC Title for choosing to face Glen Johnson, rather than WBC #1 mandatory contender Paul Briggs.
- Johnson vacated the IBF Title, choosing to face Antonio Tarver, rather than IBF #1 mandatory contender Rico Hoye.
- Glen Johnson wins The Ring Magazine light heavyweight championship of the world.