Arturo Gatti vs. Gabriel Ruelas
Revision as of 09:16, 9 July 2011 by Ric
1997-10-04 : Gabriel Ruelas 130 lbs lost to Arturo Gatti 130 lbs by TKO at 2:22 in round 5 of 12
- Location: Caesars Hotel & Casino, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA
- Referee: Benjy Esteves Jr.
- Judge: Robert Gonzalez 38-38
- Judge: William James 37-39
- Judge: John Stewart 38-38
- International Boxing Federation Junior Lightweight Title (3rd defense of Gatti)
- Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Ruelas warned in Round 1 for a low blow.
- Ruelas warned again in Round 3 for a low blow.
- Ruelas was staggered by an overhand right early in the 4th Round.
- Gatti hurt by a tremendous left uppercut from Ruelas at 2:35 into Round 4.
- Ruelas down at 2:03 into Round 5 from a left hook as both fighters traded punches. He did make it to his feet, but referee Benji Esteves chose to call an end to the bout.
- Gatti suffered a cut under his left eye.