Name: Atagun Yalcinkaya
Birthplace: Ankara, Turkey
Hometown: Ankara, Turkey
Height: 5′ 6″ / 168cm
Boxing Record: click
Atag?n Yal??nkaya (born on December 14, 1986), is a Turkish boxer in the flyweight (51 kg) category.
He competed in the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece and, won silver medal for Turkey on August 29, 2004; losing in the final to Yan Barthelemy of Cuba by decision, 21-16. With his age of 17, he was the youngest medal-winning sportsman in Turkish Olympic history.
Yal??nkaya, 1.65 m tall, is a member of Fenerbah?e SK and is coached by Enver Yilmaz.
- 2003 1st place in Balaton Tournament in Hungary,
- 2003 European champion in Lithuania,
- 2003 3rd place in Green Hill Cup, Pakistan,
- 2003 1st place in European Students Boxing championship, Italy,
- 2004 2nd place in Olympics qualifications in Azerbaijan.
- Defeated Jolly Katongole (Uganda) 22-7
- Defeated Jeyhun Abiyev (Azerbaijan) 23-20
- Defeated Alfonso Pinto (Italy) 33-24
- Defeated Sergey Kazakov (Russia) 26-20
- Lost to Yan Barthelemy (Cuba) 16-21
World Amateur championships
2005 (Mianyang, China, as a flyweight)
This article borrows from the Wikipedia article on this subject: Atag?n Yal??nkaya