Bernard Hopkins vs. William Joppy
Revision as of 03:25, 26 March 2013 by Boxsoup
2003-12-13 : Bernard Hopkins 160 lbs beat William Joppy 159 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA
- Referee: Earl Morton
- Judge: Melvina Lathan 119-109
- Judge: Steve Weisfeld 119-108
- Judge: John Stewart 118-109
- World Boxing Council Middleweight Title (Hopkins' 4th defense)
- World Boxing Association Middleweight Title (Hopkins' 3rd defense)
- International Boxing Federation Middleweight Title (Hopkins' 17th defense)
- Joppy held the WBA middleweight "regular" title and Hopkins held the WBA middleweight "super" title.
- Joppy was Hopkins' WBA mandated opponent.
- Hopkins broke the CompuBox record for total power punches landed by a middleweight at 375. He landed 419 of 819 total punches.
- Hopkins defended The Ring Magazine world middleweight title.
- After Joppy lost, the WBA declared the middleweight "regular" title vacant.
- Hopkins bet Joppy $50,000 that he would knock him out. Joppy only had to put up $25,000 and took the bet. After the fight, Hopkins said, "He earned that $50,000."
Hopkins vs. Hakkar
| IBF Middleweight Title Fight
WBA Middleweight Title Fight
WBC Middleweight Title Fight
Hopkins vs. Allen III