Difference between revisions of "Bob Montgomery vs. Sammy Angott (3rd meeting)"
(Created page with "<fight>121756</fight> "Lightweight champion Sammy Angott bulled and mauled his way to a 12 round split decision over Bob Montgomery tonight in a non-title scrap at Shibe Park...")
Latest revision as of 03:12, 22 February 2013
1942-07-07 : Bob Montgomery 137 lbs lost to Sammy Angott 139 lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Shibe Park, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- Referee: Spud Murphy 4-6
- Judge: Harry Lasky
- Judge: Eddie Loughran
"Lightweight champion Sammy Angott bulled and mauled his way to a 12 round split decision over Bob Montgomery tonight in a non-title scrap at Shibe Park before 16,060 paid spectators. Montgomery was outclassed in the first five rounds, but in the 6th landed a couple of hard lefts and rights that made the champion give ground. Montgomery took the offensive in the next two rounds, but in the last four was battered and mauled at close quarters." -Associated Press
- Referee Spud Murphy - 6-4-2 Angott
- Judge Eddie Loughran - 6-5-1 Montgomery
- Judge Harry Lasky - 6-5-1 Angott
- Unofficial AP scorecard - 7-2-3 Angott
- Gate - $33,553.50
- Angott had already signed to fight Sugar Ray Robinson on July 31st going into this fight.