Name: C.J. Ross
Alias: Cynthia J. Ross
Hometown: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Judging Record: click
Cynthia J. Ross is an American judge who works primarily out of the state of Nevada. She has also judged bouts in Mexico and Puerto Rico. In 2012, Ross, along with the other judges, received wide criticism for the scoring of Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley.
- 2012, June 9 - Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley for the WBO Welterweight Title. Ross, along with Duane Ford and Jerry Roth, received heavy criticism for their scoring, as many thought Pacquiao cruised. Scores: Duane Ford 113-115, C.J. Ross 113-115, Jerry Roth 115-113.
- 2011, Nov. 12 - Juan Carlos Burgos vs. Luis Cruz for the WBC Silver and WBO Latino Super Featherweight Titles - Ross was the only judge who did not score the bout heavily in favor of Burgos, instead seeing it as a draw. Scores: Duane Ford 98-92, C.J. Ross 95-95, Richard Ocasio 97-93.
- 2011, Aug. 13 - Joseph Agbeko vs. Abner Mares (1st meeting) for the WBC Silver and IBF Bantamweight Titles. Ross was the only judge not scoring Mares as the winner, instead seeing that bout as a draw. Scores: Adalaide Byrd 111-115, C.J. Ross 113-113, Oren Shellenberger 111-115.
- 2011, July 23 - Josiah Judah vs. Rafael Jastrzebski - Ross was the only judge not scoring in favor of Judah. She instead had the bout a draw. Scores: Richard Ocasio 59-55, Jerry Roth 58-56, C.J. Ross 57-57.
- 2011, May 7 - Rodel Mayol vs. Javier Gallo - Ross was the only judge not scoring the bout handily in favor of Mayol, insteading seeing it as a draw. Scores: Jerry Roth 98-92, Lisa Giampa 98-92, C.J. Ross 95-95.
- 2009, July 3 - Rodrigo Romero vs. David Springer (1st meeting) - Ross was the only judge to score the bout in favor of Springer. Scores: Glenn Trowbridge 39-37, Richard Ocasio 39-37, C.J. Ross 37-39.
- 2008, Feb. 7 - Kendall Holt vs. Ben Tackie - Ross was the only judge who did not score the bout handily in favor of Holt, instead scoring the bout as a draw. Scores: Richard Houck 98-92, Paul Smith 98-92, C.J. Ross 95-95.
- 2007, July 28 - Don Juan Futrell vs. Hector Camacho Jr. - Ross was the only judge not to score the bout in favor of Futrell. Scores: Robert Hoyle 76-75, Dave Moretti 76-75, C.J. Ross 75-76.
- 2005, June 10 - Gerardo Cesar Prieto vs. Lamar Horne - Ross was the only judge who did not score the bout in favor of Prieto. Scores: Bill Graham 57-56, Al Lefkowitz 57-56, C.J. Ross 56-57.
- 2002, July 13 - Kevin Kelley vs. Humberto Soto for the NABA Super Featherweight Title. Ross was the only judge not scoring the bout in favor of Kelley, instead having it as a draw. Scores: Carol Castellano 116-112, Paul Smith 115-113, C.J. Ross 114-114.