Name: Calvin Brock
Alias: The Boxing Banker
Birth Name: Calvin Vance Brock
Birthplace: Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
Hometown: Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
Height: 6′ 2″ / 188cm
Reach: 77″ / 196cm
Boxing Record: click
Trainers: Tom Yankello, Pernell Whitaker
Manager: Jim Thomas
- 1999 US and US Challenge Champion, and a two-time Silver Medallist in previous US Championships.
- 1998 National Golden Gloves Heavyweight Champion
- 2000 Sydney Olympic Games, he competed at Super heavyweight and was stopped in the 4th round of his opening bout with Paolo Vidoz of Italy.
- Known as 'The Boxing Banker' as he earned a college degree in Business Administration and Finance from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- Brock was forced into permanent retirement due to botched eye surgery in December 2007. The procedure's intent was to repair a detached retina in his right eye, suffered in his last bout with Eddie Chambers. As a result of a surgical mistake, Brock was left legally blind in the affected right eye.
- He also underwent shoulder surgery after his last bout.
- Became a commercial real estate broker after retirement.
- Married with a daughter.
- March 2009 Doghouse Boxing interview with Calvin Brock