Carl Froch vs. Jean Pascal
Revision as of 01:25, 7 December 2008 by JollyDee
2008-12-06 : Carl Froch 166½ lbs beat Jean Pascal 167¾ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Nottingham Arena, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
- Referee: Guido Cavalleri
- Judge: Predrag Aleksic 116-112
- Judge: Herminio Cuevas Collazo 117-111
- Judge: Tom Kaczmarek 118-110
- World Boxing Council Super Middleweight Title (Vacant title)
- Weights: Froch 166.6 lbs, Pascal 167.7 lbs
- The title was vacated by Joe Calzaghe when he moved up in weight to challenge Bernard Hopkins at Light Heavyweight.
- The two highest ranked challengers by the WBC were Froch and Jermain Taylor. Taylor turned down the chance to fight for the vacant title, preferring instead to accept a fight against ex-IBF Super Middleweight champion Jeff Lacy. Pascal was next in line and accepted the challenge to fight Froch for the vacant title.
Calzaghe vs. Kessler
| WBC Super Middleweight Title Fight