Carl Froch vs. Jean Pascal
Revision as of 19:48, 27 May 2012 by Boxinginsider
2008-12-06 : Carl Froch 166½ lbs beat Jean Pascal 167¾ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Trent FM Arena, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
- Referee: Guido Cavalleri
- Judge: Predrag Aleksic 116-112
- Judge: Herminio Cuevas Collazo 117-111
- Judge: Tom Kaczmarek 118-110
- The title was vacated by Joe Calzaghe when he moved up in weight to challenge Bernard Hopkins at Light Heavyweight.
- The two highest ranked challengers by the WBC were Froch and Jermain Taylor. Taylor turned down the chance to fight for the vacant title, preferring instead to accept a fight against ex-IBF Super Middleweight champion Jeff Lacy. Pascal was next in line and accepted the challenge to fight Froch for the vacant title.
- Fight started off at a fast pace, with both men exchanging blows, however in the second half pascal seem to tire and with adjustments from froch he took control of the fight - to claim an entertaining wide decision
Calzaghe vs. Kessler
| WBC Super Middleweight Title Fight