Carlos Manuel Baldomir vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Revision as of 13:12, 10 November 2011 by Slugger
2006-11-04 : Carlos Manuel Baldomir 147 lbs lost to Floyd Mayweather Jr 146 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Jay Nady
- Judge: Chuck Giampa 108-120
- Judge: John Keane 108-120
- Judge: Paul Smith 110-118
- World Boxing Council Welterweight Title (Baldomir's 2nd defense)
- International Boxing Organization Welterweight Title (Mayweather's 1st defense)
- International Boxing Association Welterweight Title (Baldomir's 1st defense)
- Promoter: Goossen Tutor
- Floyd Mayweather dominated and outclassed a slow and plodding Carlos Baldomir.
- At the post fight press conference, Mayweather stated that he planed to retire after his next fight.
- Fans booed at the end of the fight and many of them left before the fight was over.
- Floyd said that he may have broken his right hand.
- Mayweather wins the Ring Magazine welterweight world title.
- Mayweather earned $8 million for the fight, while Baldomir was paid $1.6 million. Both were career highs in earnings for each fighter at the time.