Carlos Manuel Baldomir vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Revision as of 01:25, 11 December 2011 by Withoutthee88
2006-11-04 : Carlos Manuel Baldomir 147 lbs lost to Floyd Mayweather Jr 146 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Jay Nady
- Judge: Chuck Giampa 108-120
- Judge: John Keane 108-120
- Judge: Paul Smith 110-118
- World Boxing Council Welterweight Title (2nd defense of Baldomir)
- International Boxing Organization Welterweight Title (1st defense of Mayweather)
- International Boxing Association Welterweight Title (1st defense of Baldomir)
- The Ring Magazine Welterweight Title (Baldomir defending)
- Promoter: Goossen Tutor
- Mayweather dominated and outclassed a slow and plodding Baldomir.
- At the post-fight press conference, Mayweather stated that he planed to retire after his next fight.
- Fans booed at the end of the fight and many of them left before the fight was over.
- Mayweather said that he may have broken his right hand.
- Mayweather wins the Ring Magazine Welterweight Championship.
- Mayweather earned $8 million for the fight, while Baldomir was paid $1.6 million. Both were career highs in earnings for each fighter at the time.