These were the first Games in which the former Soviet Republics competed as individual countries. This increased the level of competition, as several boxers who competed would not have qualified under the former Soviet Union, which had sent only one fighter to the Games.
- Light Flyweight (48kg)- Daniel Petrov (Bulgaria)
- Flyweight (51kg)- Maikro Romero (Cuba)
- Bantamweight (54kg)- István Kovács (Hungary)
- Featherweight (57kg)- Somluck Kamsing (Thailand)
- Lightweight (60kg)- Hocine Soltani (Algeria)
- Light Welterweight (63.5 kg)- Hector Vinent (Cuba)
- Welterweight (67kg)- Oleg Saitov (Russia)
- Light Middleweight (71kg)- David Reid (USA)
- Middleweight (75kg)- Ariel Hernandez (Cuba)
- Light heavyweight (81kg)- Vassiliy Jirov (Kazakhstan)
- Heavyweight (91kg)- Felix Savon (Cuba)
- Super Heavyweight (91 kg and over)- Wladimir Klitschko (Ukraine)
Individual Olympic Teams
Pages in category ‘1996 Olympians’
The following 145 pages are in this category, out of 145 total.