Chad Dawson vs. Adonis Stevenson
2013-06-08 : Chad Dawson 173½ lbs lost to Adonis Stevenson 174¼ lbs by KO at 1:16 in round 1 of 12
- Location: Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Michael Griffin
- Judge: Dick Flaherty
- Judge: Anek Hongtongkam
- Judge: Jack Woodburn
- Ring Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Aired On: HBO Boxing After Dark (Main Event)
- World Boxing Council Light Heavyweight Title (1st defense by Dawson)
Adonis Stevenson, 35, threw one hard punch and that was all that it took as the Canadian won the WBC World Light Heavyweight title from Chad Dawson via first-round knockout. A single left cross caught Dawson on the side of the head, causing the champion to go limp and fall flat on his back to the canvas. He was able to get to his feet. The referee waved an end to the bout as Dawson was dazed.
- Chad Dawson 31-2 (17 KOs) vs. Adonis Stevenson 20-1 (17 KOs)
- Dawson entered as the The Ring Magazine's world light heavyweight champion. Stevenson, a 1.6-to-1 betting underdog, was ranked as the #9 super middleweight contender by the same publication.  
- At 174 1/4 lbs., Stevenson was fighting at the heaviest weight of his professional career to date.
- It was the ninth bout, and sixth consecutive, for Stevenson at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, and third appearance for Dawson there.
- It was the second consecutive stoppage loss for Dawson.
- In an interview with Real Combat Media in Atlantic City less than a week before this fight, Iceman John Scully, former principal trainer of Chad Dawson, noted there were serious training issues, weight loss concerns and behavior problems dealing with Chad in the Las Vegas camp while he was attempting to train Dawson for Andre Ward, with Dawson not listening to his trainer or following his instructions. Scully made up his mind to leave Dawson for good after the Ward bout and set up a new gym in Florida, and did not speak to Chad again.
- Stevenson, winner, to next defend against 20-1 British and WBC Silver Light Heavyweight champion Tony Bellew of London in the UK.
- Highlights of the knockout [].
- "It is a dream come true... I want to unify the titles with Bernard Hopkins. I want to fight Andre Ward." - Adonis Stevenson
- "He caught me with a punch I didn't see. That was it." - Chad Dawson
-  Preview of Adonis Stevenson vs. Chad Dawson on Queensberry Rules Radio, featuring James Foley and Patrick Connor