Chris Byrd vs. Wladimir Klitschko (2nd meeting)
Revision as of 04:31, 6 March 2008 by Emaster
2006-04-22 : Chris Byrd 213½ lbs lost to Wladimir Klitschko 241 lbs by TKO at 0:41 in round 7 of 12
- Location: SAP-Arena, Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
- Referee: Wayne Kelly
- Judge: Roy Francis 53-60
- Judge: Steve Epstein 54-59
- Judge: Robert Hoyle 54-59
- International Boxing Federation Heavyweight Title (Byrd's 5th defense)
- International Boxing Organization Heavyweight Title (Vacant title)
- Time: 0:41
- Weights: Byrd 213½, Klitschko 241
- Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Byrd was seconded by his father, Joe Byrd, and by Rose Byrd.
- Klitschko was seconded (and had been trained) by Emanuel Steward, and by his brother Vitali Klitschko. His cutman was Jacob Duran.
- Byrd was knocked down by a snappy right at 0:46 of the fifth round.
- A right hand knocked Byrd down in the seventh and opened up a large cut near the eye that bled heavily. Byrd made the count but referee Kelly stepped in to stop the bout at 0:41.