Chris John vs. Rocky Juarez (1st meeting)
Revision as of 18:10, 22 June 2009 by Drdatabox
2009-02-28 : Chris John 125¼ lbs drew with Rocky Juarez 125½ lbs by PTS in round 12 of 12
- Location: Toyota Center, Houston, Texas, USA
- Referee: Laurence Cole
- Judge: Tom Miller 114-114
- Judge: Raul Caiz Sr 114-114
- Judge: Gale E. Van Hoy 114-114
- World Boxing Association Featherweight Title (11th defense by John)
- Fight was on the undercard of Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz.
- CompuBox Blows: John 344/1190 29%, Juarez 206/787 26%.
- Data Boxing reported a very high Events Per Round (Attempts +Controls)of 175, with John dominating by a 60% to 40% margin. John led in controls 70 to 53, mostly circling, while Juarez was moving in.
- John scored a cut over the left eye in round five and a bloody nose in round nine.