Courtney Burton vs. Emanuel Augustus
(added more factoids)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
decision prompted an investigation with the Michigan State Athletic Commission.
Revision as of 14:01, 16 April 2006
2004-07-06 : Courtney Burton 135 lbs beat Emanuel Augustus 140 lbs by SD in round 10 of 10
- Location: L.C. Walker Arena, Muskegon, Michigan, USA
- Referee: Dan Kelley
- Judge: Robert Paganelli 99-90
- Judge: Ed Mosley 97-92
- Judge: Jake Jack Richards 94-98
- Weights: Augustus 140, Burton 135
- Burton threw some rabbit punches early in the bout.
- Augustus delivered what ringside commentators thought were two clean body shots in the fourth round, sending Burton to his knees. But Referee Dan Kelley claimed it was a low blow and gave Burton five minutes rest.
- Augustus received a warning from Kelley in the sixth round, although Burton threw some more rabbit punches and engaged in a little wrestling as well.
- Burton threw a few more rabbit punches, and a kidney punch, in the middle of the ninth round, but Kelley deducted a point from Augustus for "spinning around."
- A ringside Michigan official originally claimed it was a majority decision, but there was no even score by any judge.
- The controversial split-decision prompted an investigation with the Michigan State Athletic Commission.