Revision as of 21:46, 3 February 2013 by Roccom
- D'Amato reportedly had one amateur fight in which he lost.
- Constantine (Cus) D'Amato was born ?, and died in 1985.
- Appeared in the movie AKA Cassius Clay.
- Trained three world champions: heavyweights Floyd Patterson and Mike Tyson, and lightheavyweight Jose Torres.
- Invented the "Peek-a-Boo" defense, made famous by Floyd Patterson, and later used by every D'Amato fighter.
- Schooled Teddy Atlas in the art of training.
- Secretly trained hand-ball champion Jim Jacobs for one year, in hopes of Jacobs fighting world lightheavyweight champion Archie Moore; the fight never took place.
- Reportedly attempted to train basketball legend Wilt Chamberlain for a professional boxing career, but Chamberlain never did become a professional boxer.