Daniel Edouard vs. Willie Gibbs
Revision as of 05:39, 3 July 2009 by Drdatabox
2004-08-27 : Daniel Edouard 160 lbs beat Willie Gibbs 160 lbs by TKO at 2:45 in round 4 of 12
- Location: Mohegan Sun Casino, Uncasville, Connecticut, USA
- Referee: Charles Dwyer
- Judge: Steve Weisfeld
- Judge: Melvina Lathan
- Judge: Steve Epstein
- Edouard came out aggressively, but was hurt by a counter left hook to the head, and a throw down in the 1st round.
- In round two Edouard drove Gibbs to the ropes with combinations to the head, scoring a knock down at the round's end.
- A doctor's exam of Gibbs delayed round three, which saw him stunned and staggered.
- They fought toe-to-toe in round four, though commentator/boxer Kevin Kelly thought Gibb's legs were unsteady. A left-right to the head sent Gibbs face down for a seven count. When he arose the referee stopped it.
- ESPN blows: Edouard 112/298 43%; Gibbs 86/206 42%.
- ESPN-TV's "Fight of the Year"