Daniel Jimenez vs. Angel Recio
Revision as of 08:45, 8 November 2009 by Reenthelawman
2006-12-08 : Daniel Jimenez 130 lbs beat Angel Recio 130 lbs by TKO at 0:36 in round 9 of 10
- Location: Desert Diamond Casino, Tucson, Arizona, USA
- Referee: Robert Ferrara
- Judge: Chris Wilson
- Judge: Gerald Maltz
- Judge: Joe Garcia
- NABO Super Featherweight Title (Vacant title)
- Time: 0:36
- Attendance: 2,000
- Title had been stripped from Koba Gogoladze.
- Jimenez was originally slated to face Javier Jauregui, but the latter pulled out the day before the fight because of an injury. Recio thus stepped in.
- A short left dropped Recio flat on his back in round 9.
- Recio beat the count and resumed the fight. However, Jimenez stalked and walked him down. Jimenez landed around half a dozen right uppercuts without resistance and referee Bobby Ferrara decided he'd seen enough and called a halt to the fight.
- Recio was ahead on one judge’s scorecard at the time of stoppage.
Gogoladze vs. Neal
| NABO Super Featherweight Title Fight
Martinez vs. Jimenez